If you are not sure if staying off property is the best for your family then consider these pro's and con's.
Pro's of staying off property:
- More space for your family and more privacy than a 1 room hotel
- Typically more affordable. Many two bedroom condo's are cheaper than a 1 room hotel
- Full kitchen's are offered in many condo's so you can save money by cooking in
- Ideal for families with young children who need to nap or go to bed early
- Great for families with a tight budget
Con's of staying off property:
- Location is not as close typically as staying on property
- Need your own transportation to the parks (rental car if you fly)
- Must pay for parking at the Disney theme parks ($14 per day)
- Lack of the 'magical Disney feel'
Staying off property is a great way to save money and gain more space. For a larger family this would be ideal. For a smaller family who wants to be as close to the theme parks as possible then I would recommend staying on property. The monorail resorts-Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Contemporary Resorts are all amazing but there is a huge price to pay for that amazing location. Rooms start at $400 per night. You can rent a two bedroom condo for as little as $500 per week in Orlando. If you are not on a tight budget then yes staying on property is the way to go. If you are on a tight budget then consider saving money and staying off property.
There are many off property homes, townhomes and condo's that rent nightly and weekly. To find a great rental visit www.vacationcentralflorida.com or simply visit www.vrbo.com and type in a search for Orlando, Florida.