- Take a free boat ride from Downtown Disney For schedules visit the guest services page. Most run on 15-30 minute intervals.
2. Visit Celebration Florida located just ten minutes from Disney. This cute town is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Disney. There is a great farmers market that is open every Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm. There is also a great interactive water fountain play area for children of all ages.
3. Explore Downtown Disney-listen to live music, let your kids play at the Lego store or simply relax by the water. You can also sample chocolate at Ghiradelli. My children's favorite thing to do at Downtown Disney is explore the largest Disney Store in the world!
4. Walk the Boardwalk-The evenings are a great time to walk along the Boardwalk. There are street performers, jugglers, fire eater's, etc. Be sure to grab a yummy snack at the Boardwalk Bakery.
5. Campfire with ChipnDale at Wilderness Lodge. This FREE campfire event begins at 7:30 pm and you can purchase a smores kit for less than $10. There is a singalong and a movie under the stars afterwards.
6. Ride the monorail and visit each resort on the monorail. Hop off at the Grand Floridian and explore the beautiful lobby. Be sure to look for the Teddy Bear lady. Grab a dole whip at the Polynesian Resort at Captain Cooks. Window shop at the Polynesian's fun tropical themed shops. Have a cupcake at the Contempo Café at the Contemporary Resort.
7. Take lots of pictures! There are so many wonderful photo opportunities at Disney World. You don't even have to enter the theme parks to get great photo's. Visit the beach at the Polynesian Resort and take some pictures with the Magic Kingdom in the background.
8. Visit Tri-Circle-D Ranch at the Fort Wilderness Resort. It is free to visit the ranch and see the horses. They offer pony rides, trail rides and wagon and carriage rides. Guests age 9 and up can enjoy a 45 minute horseback trail ride for $45 each. A historic 45 minute wagon ride will only cost you $8 each. Wagon rides depart daily at 6 and 8:30 pm in front of Pioneer Hall.
9. Enjoy your resort pool! Take a day off from the theme parks and just relax. Sleep in and relax by the pool. Your children will be happy and you will get a nice break.
10. Watch the Electrical Water Pageant. A great viewing spot is on the beach at the Polynesian Resort. The water pageant begins every night at 9 pm.
*Tip--visit the various Disney resorts during the day when most people are at the theme parks, you can enjoy the lobby, shops and grab a snack. You never know who you might run into.