Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Orange. Enjoy the ride as we share the various excursions to choose from on a Disney Cruise.
I am going on my very first Disney Cruise in May! I am SO excited and I have been exploring the different options for excursions. I really look forward to a nice relaxing beach day and can not wait until our day at Disney's private island called Castaway Cay!
Look how beautiful and clear that blue water is at Castaway Cay
Here is a great map that you can download and print *photo courtesy of Disney Cruise Line
There is just SO much to do on Castaway Cay. There are a lot of FREE activities on the island which is nice. The island consists of a post office, family beaches with complimentary umbrella's and chairs for guests, private adult beach called Serenity Bay which also offers complimentary umbrella's and chairs for guests. There is also a water play area for younger children called Spring A Leak on the island and a really fun water slide attraction called Pelican Plunge located in the water near the family beach. There is also two restaurants, Cookies BBQ and Cookie's Two BBQ. For those that want a nice refreshing adult drink there are multiple bar's on the island.
There are a lot of fun excursions offered on Castaway Cay. To view the excursions you can visit the Disney Cruise Line website and then click 'ships and activities' and then choose the option that says 'port adventures'. Next choose the island you are visiting and then you can view the many excursion options.
Castaway Cay offers the following excursions for an additional fee:
- Abaco Back Country Fishing excursion
- Bicycle Rentals
- Boat Rentals (Sea Kayaks, Hobie Cats, Aqua Trikes, Stand Up Paddle Boards)
- Castaway Cay Getaway Package (this is a great value and it includes 3 fun activities: snorkeling, bike rental for one hour and a float or tube rental for the day
- Castaway Cay Island Cruise (90 minute adventure)
- Private Cabana Rental for the day (there is limited quantity)
- Stingray Adventure
- Extreme Getaway Package (this is a great value and includes 4 fun activities: snorkeling, bike rental for one hour, float or tube rental for the day and the stingray adventure)
- Float and tube rentals ($10 per tube for the whole day) *please note you are not allowed to bring your own float on a Disney Cruise
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure
- Wild Side Teen Adventure
- Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure
- Jet Ski Rentals (singles and double)
I am looking forward to renting a private cabana on the family beach. With three young children I feel it will be a really nice luxury to have a private area to relax, change the kids, rinse off with the private shower and take a nice afternoon nap. Here is a great YouTube video that shows a tour of a private cabana tour. I am planning to rent a jet ski and take the 45 minute island tour with my Dad. We might even check the kids into Scuttles Cove so that we can have some quiet time on the beach with a nice adult beverage and a good book!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Disney Mama's.
1st Stop ~ Disney with Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers - You are here now
2nd Stop ~ Disney Mamas - Submarine Excursions on Grand Cayman
3rd Stop ~ Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere Stingrays Stingrays Every Where!
4th Stop ~ I Am a Mommy Nerd - The Walt Disney Family Museum
Final Stop ~ Two Moms and Mouse - When You Cant Afford An Excursion