Summer is almost here and my littles are beyond excited! Each summer we make a fun list of things they want to do together and check off the items as we go. Last summer their bucket list got a little out of control and we didn't quite check off all of the items on the list. This summer we are trying something a little different. We are on a tight budget this summer because we are in the process of moving and we just got back from Disney World a few weeks ago.
Having fun with your kids shouldn't cost a ton of money and there are plenty of fun free things to do. Try to create a fun summer bucket list with your children to include them. Write each child's list for them if they are little or let each child make their own list on a bright piece of paper using fun colored markers, dry erase boards, etc. Get creative!
- Set a budget and explain it (anything that requires an overnight hotel stay for example might not work)
- Set boundaries (within an hour of your house if you don't want to drive too far, etc.)
- Encourage your children to try something new (visit a new playground for example)
- Pull out a local map and explore a new area
- Remind your children that they can have fun in their own backyard too!
- Visit the Dollar Store and grab some summer fun accessories such as water balloons, water guns, bug catchers, bubbles, chalk, etc.
My children love visiting the local zoo and we purchased passes so we can return for free all summer long. We are planning a day trip to the beach and of course trips to the pool. Whatever you do, remember to have fun and don't go overboard!
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/DisneywithKids
Follow me on Instagram at http://Instagram.com/disneywithbabies
Get the best price on your Walt Disney World Vacation Package... Guaranteed!